[This article was contributed by tummy.com]
With the purchase of RAV by Microsoft, many Linux email providers
and ISPs, are looking for an affordable, reliable replacement for RAV
Kevin Fenzi, Senior Member Technical Staff of tummy.com, ltd. and the
co-author of the Linux Security HOWTO, has reviewed some of the currently
Kevin evaluated the alternatives on several different criteria, including
Pricing policy (unlimited use is better than a per-domain or per-user
price), broad support for Mail Transport Agents, and ease of installation and
- Pricing policy: Unlimited use got the highest score. Per-domain pricing
was next best, and per-user pricing was last. Those products that did
not have pricing information on their website received no score in this
- Support for MTAs: A point was awarded for each of the popular Mail
Transport Agents supported (Qmail, Postfix, Exim, SuSE,
Sendmail+Milters, Sendmail, Dmail).
- Ease of Installation: Is the product easy to download and install?
- Ease of Configuration: Is the product easy to configure with your
- Scores are on a 'bad, fair, good, excellent' scale.
Read the full article here.
to post comments)