|| ||Erlend Midttun <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||Trustix Secure Linux 2.0 (Cloud)|
|| ||02 Jul 2003 21:15:37 +0200|
This is the announcement for Trustix Secure Linux 2.0 nicknamed Cloud.
Welcome to the best TSL ever!
- Erlend Midttun, project manager.
Trustix Secure Linux is a Linux distribution aimed towards the server
market. It's packages are carefully selected to provide the services in
the most secure manner.
Features in Trustix Secure Linux 2.0:
* New installer with improved package selection.
* Courier IMAP daemon
* Cyrus IMAP daemon
* CUPS printing system (replacement for LPRng)
* DB1 and DB4
* Fcron (replacement for vixie-cron)
* Xinetd (replacement for inetd)
* Apache 2
* Bind 9
* ISC DHCP daemon 3
* FreeSWAN 2.00 with x509 certificate support
* GCC 3.3
* Glibc 2.3
* Kernel 2.4 which gives us at the very least
- Journalled file systems: ext3, reiserfs and jfs
- Iptables for improved fire walling
- Improved hardware support including Intel Pentium 4 hyper threading
* PHP 4.3
* MySQL 4
* NTP 4.1
* OpenLDAP 2.1
* OpenSSH 3.6
* OpenSSL 0.9.7b
* Perl 5.8
* Postfix 2
* PostgreSQL 7.3
* ProFTPd 1.2.8
* Python 2.2
* RPM 4
* Swup 2
You can find it on
or on your favorite mirror.
We wish to thank those who tested and gave us valuable feedback on the previous
Please report discovered issues on the distribution mailing list
(tsl-discuss at trustix dot org).
Notes on upgrading
If you installed the TSL 2.0 Release Candidate 1, you will be able to swup
upgrade to this final release. For earlier versions the changes are so
fundamental that you are far better off installing the final release from
The cloud-dev crew
* Goetz Bock
* Gerald Dachs
* Daniel Meyer
* Nico Erfurth
* Tor Hveem
* Janåke Rönnblom
* Roland Kruse (who works for Trustix AS with other commercial products,
but tend to spend his time off with TSL rather than his wife :)
who has hung with us for a year now trying to get this thing going.
Also, thanks to the #trustix crew on ircnet for providing valuable real-time
The TSL team
(tsl at trustix dot com)
Erlend Midttun email@example.com
Product Development Manager, Trustix Secure Linux http://www.trustix.net/
IRC: Golle Registered Linux user #5779
Where do you want to fly today? Linux.
tsl-announce mailing list
to post comments)