According to their summary sheets, editors ARE NOT responsible if they:
* Screen objectionable content prior to publication.
* Correct, edit, or remove content.
* Select content for publication.
* Solicit or encourage users to submit content.
* Pay a third party to create or submit content.
* Provide forms or drop-downs to facilitate user submission of content.
* Leave content up after you being notified that the material is defamatory.
However, editors ARE RESPONSIBLE if they:
* Edit content that materially alters its meaning.
* Engage with users through drop-down forms to create discriminatory content.
Of course, this is U.S. law any may vary by jurisdiction, yadda yadda.