|| ||Neil Brown <email@example.com> |
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|| ||ANNOUNCE: mdadm 3.1.2 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux |
|| ||Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:11:34 +1100|
|| ||Article, Thread
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 3.1.2
It is available at the usual places:
and via git at
This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.1.
Significant changes are:
- The default metadata has change again (sorry about that).
It is now v1.2 and will hopefully stay that way. It turned
out there with boot-block issues with v1.1 which make it
unsuitable for a default, though in many cases it is still
suitable to use.
- Stopping a container is not permitted when members are still
- Add 'homehost' to the valid words for the "AUTO" config file
line. When followed by "-all", this causes mdadm to
auto-assemble any array belonging to this host, but not
auto-assemble anything else.
- Fix some bugs with "--grow --chunksize=" for changing chunksize.
- VAR_RUN can be easily changed at compile time just like ALT_RUN.
This gives distros more flexability in how to manage the
pid and sock files that mdmon needs.
- Various mdmon fixes
- Alway make bitmap 4K-aligned if at all possible.
- If mdadm.conf lists arrays which have inter-dependencies,
the previously had to be listed in the "right" order. Now
any order should work.
- Fix --force assembly of v1.x arrays which are in the process
- Add section on 'scrubbing' to 'md' man page.
- Various command-line-option parsing improvements.
- ... and lots of other bug fixes.
This release is believed to be stable and you should feel free to
upgrade to 3.1.2
NeilBrown 10th March 2010
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-raid" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html