|| ||Dmitry Monakhov <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
|| ||email@example.com |
|| ||[PATCH 0/5] RFC: introduce extended inode owner identifier v5 |
|| ||Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:34:32 +0300|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, Dmitry Monakhov <email@example.com>|
|| ||Article, Thread
This is next generation of attempt to add extended inode identifier.
Again i've change the name of the identified, but this is the last
time, i promise.
Now it's called similar to XFS project_id feature, in fact both
features are almost equal.
1) Inode may has a project identifier which has same meaning as uid/gid.
2) Id is stored in inode's xattr named "system.project_id"
3) Id is inherent from parent inode on creation.
4) This id is cached in memory inode structure vfs_inode->i_prjid
This field it restricted by CONFIG_PROJECT_ID. So no wasting
of memory happens.
5) Since id is cached in memory it may be used for different purposes
5A) Implement additional quota id space orthogonal to uid/gid. This is
useful in managing quota for some filesystem hierarchy(chroot or
container over bindmount)
5B) Export dedicated fs hierarchy to nfsd (only inode which has some
project_id will be accessible via nfsd)
6) It is possible to create isolated inode subtree.
(2 AlViro) please do not blame isolation feature before you read
the isolation patch description, and then please wellcome.
*User interface *
Project id is managed via generic xattr interface "system.project_id"
PATCH SET TOC:
1) generic projectid support
2) generic project quota support
3) ext4 project support implementation
3A) ext4: generic project support
3B) ext4: project isolation support
3C) ext4: project quota support
Patch agains linux-next-20100304
The patchset survived basic stress testing.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-fsdevel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html