|| ||Noam Yorav-Raphael <noamraph-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||Python-announce-list-AT-python.org |
|| ||DreamPie - The Python shell you've always dreamed about! |
|| ||Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:39:02 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
I'm pleased to announce DreamPie 1.0 - a new graphical interactive Python shell!
* Has whatever you would expect from a graphical Python shell -
attribute completion, tooltips which show how to call functions,
highlighting of matching parentheses, etc.
* Fixes a lot of IDLE nuisances - in DreamPie interrupt always works,
history recall and completion works as expected, etc.
* Results are saved in the Result History.
* Long output is automatically folded so you can focus on what's important.
* Jython and IronPython support makes DreamPie a great tool for
exploring Java and .NET classes.
* You can copy any amount of code and immediately execute it, and you
can also copy code you typed interactively into a new file, with the
Copy Code Only command. No tabs are used!
* Free software licensed under GPL version 3.
Check it out at http://dreampie.sourceforge.net/ and tell me what you think!
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)