|| ||Willie Walker <wwalker-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.29.91 |
|| ||Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:52:33 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
was led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office with
generous contributions from the Mozilla Foundation and Corporation.
Orca is currently a community project driven completely by volunteers.
You can read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.29.91?
2.29.91 - 20-Feb-2010
* Work on getting the regression tests working on Ubuntu.
* Update the gsmag.py experimental module to work with the emerging
magnifier D-Bus API. This is throwaway code and the support is not
* Fix for bgo#593666 - Add structural navigation key for separators
* More work related to bgo#608149 - Orca's caret navigation for
Firefox is broken effective the 30th Sept build of FF 3.6. This
adds a new per-script settings for yelp and thunderbird because
they may use different versions of Gecko than firefox.
* Fix for bgo#609633 - Orca can lock up the desktop when exiting apps
if in flat review
* Fix for bgo#610134 - Missing liblouis information can cause Orca to
* Fix for bgo#610472 - Orca is redefining the built-in function
'next' in structural_navigation.py
* Fix for bgo#608150 - Firefox 3.6's changes to the hierarchy of
tables needs to be handled by Orca
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez
and Jorge Gonzalez
gl Galician Fran Diéguez
hu Hungarian Attila Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
ro Romanian Lucian Adrian Grijincu
sl Slovenian Matej Urban?i?
ta Tamil Vasudeven
zh_CN Simplified Chinese YunQiang Su
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.29.91 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)