|| ||Corey Minyard <email@example.com>|
|| ||New version of the IPMI driver (version 23)|
|| ||Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:09:23 -0500|
This update makes significant changes to the IPMI driver. No user
interfaces changes have been made (although some new features have been
added), but lots of internal changes have been done. These are:
* A new low-level driver has been added, the "SI" (System Interface)
driver. It supports both KCS and SMIC interfaces. The old
KCS-only interface is also there, but it is deprecated.
* A socket interface has been added to the driver, this adds an IPMI
socket (so that another device number doesn't have to be used to
talk to IPMI).
* Support has been added for setting the timeout parameters on a
per-message or per-connection basis.
* A bunch of proc filesystem statistics have been added for IPMI.
* The ACPI code should work in all cases now, and auto-detects the
* Tons of little bug fixes, performance fixes, etc. have been done.
* A new version of the IMB and Radisys emulation drivers are also
there, with minor bug fixes.
This should be pretty stable, a lot of people have been testing it.
Thanks to all those who helped me with this.
You can get it at http://openipmi.sf.net, a 2.4.21 and 2.5.73 version
I plan to start trying to push this into 2.5 soon.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/