|| ||"Michael J. Hammel" <email@example.com>|
|| ||Graphics Muse Tools CD Version 2.0 released|
|| ||19 Jun 2003 14:51:59 -0500|
Continuing to expand the reach of the Linux Desktop, Graphics Muse is
pleased to announce the release of the Graphics Muse Tools CD Version
2.0, a comprehensive collection of add on tools and data files for the
premier open source desktop package, the GNU Image Manipulation Program
Houston, Texas (Jun 16, 2003) -- Graphics Muse is pleased to announce
the release of the latest version of The Graphics Muse Tools CD, a suite
of plug-Ins, brushes, and patterns designed specifically for use with
GIMP 1.2 on Linux systems.
Anchoring this new release are new and updated versions of the Graphics
Muse Plug-Ins. This set of tools includes updated versions of GFXArrows
- Arrow generating plug-in, GFXCards - business and greeting Card
plug-in, GFXTrans - an improved rotation tool, and GFXDodge - plug-in
which enhances details in under/over exposed photos. Also included are
new plug-ins GFXLayers - a highly improved layer alignment and
management tool, GFXMerge - merging and splitting of layers from an
image, and GFXShapes - a plug-in that draws common objects such as
stars, polygons, triangles and grids.
The Graphics Muse Tools CD includes over 110 compiled plug-ins plus over
30 Perl and over 90 Script-FU scripts gathered from the GIMP Registry
and across the Internet, all compiled for use on Linux systems. This
collection includes plug-ins for file management, image distortion,
animation and even font handling. Some of the tools in this release
* Freetype, an advanced text rendering tool.
* Physically Modeled Media, a set of three plug-ins that simulate
natural texture drawing and painting as well as photo realistic sky
* Filter Launcher, a tool for quickly launching some of the more widely
used plug-ins in the GIMP without having to use the menu system.
* GLogo, which generates logos suitable for use as a Linux boot display
* Stegano, which hides text files by embedding them in image data.
* IPX, a set of updated image processing plug-ins.
* SphereDesigner, a planet generating tool from the same developer who
brought us GIMPressionist.
* Kaleidescope, to reflect images as in a mirrored kaleidescope.
* Forge, a sophisticated world rendering plug-in with a simple
* And Support for Landsat, PhotoCD, IFF-ILBM, CAD, Cineon and other file
...and many, many more!
Additionally, the CD includes over 150 brushes and over 130 patterns.
An index of plug-ins and scripts is included in the documentation on the
CD. All compiled plug-ins are built against the latest stable version of
GIMP, version 1.2.4, the version most likely to be available on current
Linux distributions. Installation of the Graphics Muse Tools CD tools
and data is handled through a simple to use graphical interface.
The Graphics Muse Tools CD is available for Red Hat Linux 7.x and 9.x,
SuSE 7.2 and 9.1, Mandrake 8.x and 9.x and Debian 3.0 systems and
and can be purchased for $24, plus shipping and any applicable sales
tax, from the Graphics Muse Tools CD web site:
The original standard version of the CD for Linux and Win32 is still
available for a price of $15, plus shipping and taxes, but does not
include the updated Graphics Muse Plug-Ins.
Michael J. Hammel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
to post comments)