|| ||Morten Welinder <mortenw-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric Mailing List <gnumeric-list-AT-gnome.org>,
Gnome Announcement List <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric 1.10 is out! |
|| ||Sun, 14 Feb 2010 08:57:24 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
Free, Fast, Accurate -- Pick Any Three!
The Gnumeric Team is proud to announce the new stable
1.10.x series. This is the product of almost two years of
* Adjustable sheet size: sheets are no longer restricted to 256
columns of 65536 rows.
* Graphs have been improved. For example:
o New plot types for surfaces and probability plots.
o When an axis is a date or time axis, reasonable places for
tick marks will be picked.
o Cubic splines interpolation.
o Error bars in polar and radar plots.
* ODF support has been improved. Note, that until and unless the
syntax and semantics of ODF files are defined, interoperability
between any two implementations will be limited. Five years with no
action on that front suggests that it will not happen in the near
term. My five years old assessment still applies.
* Compatibility: we have improved function compatibility with
Excel, mostly in border cases. Gnumeric also now supports almost all
functions in the OpenFormula large function group. We have different
names for a few of them, but remap on load and save from ODF files.
* New functions are ACOT, ACOTH, ADTEST, ARABIC,
ASCENSIONTHURSDAY, ASHWEDNESDAY, AVERAGEIF, BINOM.DIST.RANGE,
CHOLESKY, COMBINA, COT, COTH, CSC, CSCH, CVMTEST, DAYS, EASTERSUNDAY,
EIGEN, FINDB, FOURIER, GAMMA, GD, GET.LINK, GOODFRIDAY, HDATE,
HDATE_DAY, HDATE_HEB, HDATE_JULIAN, HDATE_MONTH, HDATE_YEAR, IFNA,
ISFORMULA, JIS, LEFTB, LKSTEST, MIDB, MUNIT, NUMBERVALUE,
PENTECOSTSUNDAY, PERMUTATIONA, R.DSNORM, R.DST, R.PSNORM, RANDSNORM,
RANDSTDIST, RANK.AVG, REPLACEB, RIGHTB, RRI, SEARCHB, SEC, SFTEST,
SHEET, and SHEETS.
* Faster evaluation: some fairly common sheets with large numbers
of calls to the HLOOKUP or similar functions, over the same database
have been improved from "rather slow" to "instant". Similar
improvements have been implemented for farms of RANK or PERCENTILE
* Memory usage for large sheets is significantly down.
* The statistical analysis tools have been improved and there are
quite a few new ones, for example:
o Kaplan-Meier Estimates.
o Principal Component Analysis.
o Normality Tests.
o Sign Tests.
o Trend and/or Season Corrected Exponential Smoothing.
* Support for sheet objects (lines, arrows, widgets, ...) has been improved.
* New utility: ssgrep allows searching collections of spreadsheet
files in a manner similar to how grep searches text files.
Gnumeric 1.10.x requires the new Goffice 0.8.x library series, a
fairly recent libgsf, and a GTK+ stack. See here for details.
On behalf of the Gnumeric team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)