|| ||Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||gscan2pdf-announce-AT-lists.sourceforge.net, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org,
|| ||gscan2pdf 0.9.30 released |
|| ||Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:40:47 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only two clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or a
selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at once. It presents a
thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple operations such as
cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file, or
single page image file.
Changelog for 0.9.30:
* + Ocropus support
* Use Goo::Canvas to place OCR output at boundary boxes supplied by Ocropus
New dependency on XML::Simple to parse hocr output from Ocropus
* Write OCR output to PDF or DjVu at boundary boxes supplied by Goo::Canvas
Closes Debian bug #461086 (embed OCR output at correct position)
No longer additionally write OCR output as PDF annotation
* + <ctrl>g shortcut for the scan dialog, moving intial focus to the scan button
Closes Debian bug #510314 (gscan2pdf: Mapping File_Scan to a shortcut key)
* + Slovkak to tesseract languages. Documented logic.
Closes 2793056 (gscan2pdf offers for tesseract only english)
* Display and store TIFF compression options when saving PS
* + basic functionality to view and modify numerical array scan options in graphical format
* Incorporate PDF metadata in filename
Closes 2185401 (Save Dialog: option to concatenate date+title in filename)
* Force bilevel image after thresholding
Closes Debian bug #557657 (gscan2pdf binarization option [wishlist])
* Deactivate G3 and G4 compression for PDF, as not supported by PDF::API2
* Also look for tesseract language packages in /usr/share/tesseract,
to support Fedora
* Use Proc::Killfam to ensure that all subprocesses are killed with the parent
* Fix broken link in documentation.
Closes 2929707 (Broken link om homepage)
* Note resolution with libsane-perl whilst reading or updating options
Closes LP #424249 (locks when trying to save as PDF)
* Fix bug cancelling scan with libsane-perl frontend
* + Slovak translation (thanks to zdpo)
* + Simplified Chinese translation (thanks to WangLu)
* Start of Abkhaz translation
* Start of Catalan translation
* Update to Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks to Andrius Gabriel da Luz)
* Update to Bulgarian translation (thanks to Emil Pavlov)
* Update to Czech translation (thanks to zdpo)
* Update to Dutch translation (thanks to cumulus007)
* Update to French translation (thanks to winniemiel05)
* Update to German translation (thanks to PsychoKim)
* Update to Hebrew translation (thanks to Ddorda)
* Update to Italian translation (thanks to Nicola Cardinali)
* Update to Korean translation (thanks to Elex)
* Update to Polish translation (thanks to Piotr Str?bski)
* Update to Portuguese translation (thanks to Tiago Silva)
* Update to Russian translation (thanks to aks-id)
* Update to Slovenian translation (thanks to Simon Vidmar)
* Update to Spanish translation (thanks to Y?zen Hern?ndez)
* Update to Swedish translation (thanks to Mattias Ohlsson)
* Update to Ukranian translation (thanks to ?????? ?????)
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)