|| ||casevh <casevh-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||comp-lang-python-announce-AT-moderators.isc.org |
|| ||ANN: GMPY 1.11 released |
|| ||Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:45:56 -0800 (PST)|
|| ||Article, Thread
I'm pleased to annouce the final release of GMPY 1.11.
GMPY is a wrapper for the MPIR or GMP multiple-precision
arithmetic library. GMPY 1.11 is available for download from:
In addition to support for Python 3.x, there are several new
features in this release:
- Even faster conversion to/from Python longs.
- Performance improvements by reducing function overhead.
- Performance improvements by improved caching.
- Support for cdivmod, fdivmod, and tdivmod.
- Unicode strings are accepted on Python 2.x and 3.x.
- Fixed regression in GMPY 1.10 where True/False were no
Changes since 1.11rc1:
- Recognizes GMP 5.
- Bugs fixed in Windows binaries (MPIR 1.3.0rc3 -> 1.3.1).
Comments on provided binaries
The 32-bit Windows installers were compiled with MinGW32 using MPIR
1.3.1 and will automatically recognize the CPU type and use code
optimized for the CPU at runtime. The 64-bit Windows installers were
compiled Microsoft's SDK compilers using MPRI 1.3.1. Detailed
instructions are included if you want to compile your own binary.
Please report any issues!
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)