|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.29.6 |
|| ||Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:05:15 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
You can read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.29.6?
2.29.6 - 25-Jan-2010
* Removed some references to the string "CVS" in docs. Many apologies
for the people this confused and the time it may have taken them to
realize we didn't go back to CVS, but instead moved forward to "git"
a long time ago.
* Partial fix for bgo#431531 - Orca now speaks the unicode value of a
character when you press the "review current character" key (e.g.,
* Fix for bgo#606962 - availability of gnome-speech (or lack thereof)
not handled well
* Fix for bgo#607042 - Orca does not always present sufficient context
in Where Am I
* Fix for bgo#607414 - When I try writing a message with Thunderbird
3.0, sometime the message edit box is not spokened after I pressing
a tab key after with the subject edit box
* Fix for bgo#607470 - Update script for Package Manager to include
sibling of status bar when presenting status bar contents
* Detection code for bgo#607847. This attempts to find problems with
Orca keybindings conflicting or not working with the X Server
keymap. You need to enable settings.validateKeyBindings in order
for this to kick in.
* Fix for bgo#607901 - Sanity check needed in speakTextSelectionState
* Fix for bgo#607990 - Orca should present the appearance of the icon
for logged errors in packagemanager
* Fix for bgo#607988 - The messages spoken during a packagemanager
search should also be 'flashed' in braille
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez
and Jorge Gonzalez
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.29.6 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)