|| ||Martin Manns <mmanns-AT-gmx.net> |
|| ||comp-lang-python-announce-AT-moderators.isc.org |
|| ||[ANN] Pyspread 0.0.14 released |
|| ||Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:02:55 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
Pyspread 0.0.14 released
I am pleased to announce the new release 0.0.14 of pyspread.
Pyspread is a cross-platform Python spreadsheet application.
It is based on and written in the programming language Python.
Instead of spreadsheet formulas, Python expressions are entered into
the spreadsheet cells. Each expression returns a Python object that can
be accessed from other cells. These objects can represent anything
including lists or matrices.
Pyspread runs on Linux and *nix platforms with GTK support as well as
on Windows (XP and Vista tested). On Mac OS X, some icons are too small
but the application basically works.
* Sparse grid introduced. It supports up to 80 000 000 rows.
* Safe mode for inspecting foreign files
* GPG signatures for own files (requires PyMe)
* Help framework
* New About dialog
* Insertion of cell access code via Ctrl + Insert
* Simplified Macro editor dialog
* Improved cycle detection algorithm for grid
* Globals now update immediately
* Color works now when loading pys files
* wxPython v 2.8 is now preferred
* Error handling bug removed
* Help files are now found after changing the path
* Font rendering in Windows fixed
* Grid updates cause ficker on Windows (BUG 2938160)
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)