|| ||Mukund Sivaraman <muks-AT-banu.com> |
|| ||lwn-AT-lwn.net |
|| ||Tinyproxy version 1.8.0 is now available |
|| ||Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:36:46 +0530|
|| ||Article, Thread
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Tinyproxy 1.8.0 release announcement
Tinyproxy is a light-weight HTTP proxy daemon for POSIX operating
systems. It is distributed using the GNU GPL license version 2 or
above. Designed from the ground up to be fast and yet small, it is an
ideal solution for use cases such as embedded deployments where a full
featured HTTP proxy is required, but the system resources for a larger
proxy are unavailable. For more information, downloads, documentation,
support and information on development, please visit Tinyproxy's
website at <https://www.banu.com/tinyproxy/>.
We are pleased to announce the release of Tinyproxy version 1.8.0. It
is available from:
and can be checked using the PGP signature:
Additionally, it is also tagged in the Tinyproxy Git repository with
the tag "1.8.0".
Tinyproxy 1.8.0 is the first stable release in the 1.8 branch, which is
made available after many years of development in the 1.7.x development
series. All users of Tinyproxy 1.6.x are encouraged to update to the
latest stable version. The 1.6 branch is now unsupported by the
Tinyproxy 1.8.0 contains the following changes since the 1.6 branch.
* Tinyproxy now reloads its configuration upon SIGHUP signal.
* Tinyproxy reopens its log file (instead of truncation) upon SIGHUP
signal. This is to play more nicely with logrotate.
* File logging is now the default.
Syslog is chosen if and only if "SysLog Yes" is in the config,
i.e., a present "SysLog Yes" in the config file now overrides
any LogFile setting.
* The XTinyProxy option is now documented as a global boolean.
Before it was documented to build a list of sites to add a
X-Tinyproxy header for, but it was implemented as global boolean.
* A new config option AddHeader allows the user to configure a list of
custom headers to send in outgoing HTTP requests.
* A new config option DisableViaHeader allows the user to disable
sending of the "Via:" header.
* Tinyproxy is now IPv6 capable.
* The config option PidFile now has a compiled in default.
Bugs fixed since version 1.7.1
* BB#9: Add support for the IPv6 protocol
* BB#17: Add support for custom headers
* BB#55: Error message response omits body when request has a body
* BB#60: Add config option to disable Via header
* BB#61: SIGHUP does not refresh filter list
* BB#62: Make tinyproxy reload the config upon SIGHUP
* BB#64: Config parsing error with reverse proxy option
* BB#65: Format string compile warnings
* BB#67: ACL processing error with multiple Allow statements
David Shanks, Mathew Mrosko, Michael Adam, Mukund Sivaraman.
* Fixed all warnings reported by GCC.
* The tinyproxy manpage has been extended and converted to asciidoc.
* There is a new tinyproxy.conf manpage that describes all the options.
* The build system has been considerably cleaned up.
* Various other bugs have been fixed.
Bugs fixed since version 1.7.0
* BB#2: Fix Tinyproxy for requests like www.site.com:8001
* BB#5: Move templates from the doc directory to its own directory
* BB#8: Update README, INSTALL, NEWS and the manpage
* BB#10: Do not filter out transfer-encoding header
* BB#18: Fix pointer aliasing issues
* BB#53: Add a GPLv2 COPYING file
Andrew Stribblehill, Jeremy Hinegardner, Matthew Dempsky, Michael Adam,
Mukund Sivaraman, Robert James Kaes.
* There is now support for reverse proxying.
* Tinyproxy does not bundle a vendor regular expressions library
anymore. It uses the system installed regular expressions library.
* The documentation has been updated.
* Tinyproxy now contains some code optimizations such as the use of a
hashmap internally for looking up error pages.
* Various other bugs have been fixed.
Kim Holviala, Marc Silver, Robert James Kaes, Steven Young.
Enjoy using the release and please report bugs.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
tinyproxy-users-list mailing list
to post comments)