|| ||Simon Paquet <sipaq-AT-gmx.de> |
|| ||dev-planning-AT-lists.mozilla.org |
|| ||Lightning 1.0 beta1 now available for download |
|| ||Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:25:33 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
[Followup-To set to mozilla.dev.apps.calendar]
The Calendar Project is proud to report, that (finally) the 1.0 beta1
release of Lightning has been completed and is now available via AMO.
Nearly 16 months after the 0.9, this release is more than overdue and
we're more than happy to get the nearly 500 bugfixes and improvements
into the hands of our users. Notable improvements of this release are:
* Seamless integration into the new Thunderbird 3.0 user interface
* The different modes (calendar view, task view) are now diplayed in tabs
* Lightning now supports SeaMonkey 2.0 as a host application
* You can now define multiple alarms for a single event
* CalDAV support and interoperability with various CalDAV servers have
* The application stability, performance and memory consumption have
* Estonian, Frisian, Galician, Hebrew, Indonesian, Punjabi, Sinhala,
Tamil, Turkish and Vietnamese were added as new languages.
Unfortunately no builds in Traditional Chinese, Slovenian, Swedish
or Ukrainian are available for 1.0 beta1
Lightning 1.0 beta1 is available for Windows, Mac OS X (universal builds)
and Linux in 37 different languages including English. Please read the
release notes for Lightning 1.0 beta1 before downloading.
Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers, testers,
and supporters. We would not be able to do this without your assistance!
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog: http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar website maintainer: http://www.calendar-project.org
Calendar developer blog: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar
to post comments)