|| ||Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar-AT-freenet.de> |
|| ||sawfish-list-AT-gnome.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 1.6.1 "Astral" |
|| ||Fri, 8 Jan 2010 20:49:23 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
Scared about unconfigurable, feature-ressistant window-managers?
Have no fear, WindowManager Hero X is here and with him the
And they present you:
Sawfish 1.6.1 "Astral"
What is Sawfish?
Sawfish is an extensible window manager using a Lisp-based scripting
language. Its policy is very minimal compared to most window managers.
Its aim is simply to manage windows in the most flexible and attractive
manner possible. All high-level WM functions are implemented in Rep
for future extensibility or redefinition.
These are some of the features that set Sawfish apart from other window
* Powerful key-binding: Virtually every functionality provided by
Sawfish can be bound to keys (or mouse buttons).
* Event hooking: For many events (moving windows etc.) you can
customize the way Sawfish will respond.
* Window matching: When windows are created you can match them to a
set of rules and automatically perform actions on them.
* Flexible theming: Sawfish allows for very different themes to be
created and a variety of third-party themes are readily
Where to get it?
* The 1.6.1 release brings several bugfixes and improvements
* Build and Installation
- New/Updated requirements:
+ librep 0.90.4 -> 0.90.5
+ rep-gtk 0.90.0 -> 0.90.2
- The configure option `--without-nine-mouse-buttons' is not
allowed to have 4 hyphens, therefore it's renamed to
`--without-nine-mousebuttons'. [Christopher Bratusek]
- Reworked configures help-message for better readability.
[Kim B. Heino]
- Configure now uses `kde4-config --install data' rather than
`kde4-config --path data', so no sed-kludge is needed anymore.
Make $datadir/kde4/apps/ the fallback path, if KDE4 is not
installed. [Kim B. Heino]
- Majorly improved debian and rpm packaging scripts.
[Christopher Bratusek] [Kim B. Heino]
- The spec has been reworked to detect kde4/librep directories
while runtime, instead of hardcoding those paths from
configure, which makes it more portable. [Kim B. Heino]
- Our own implementation of dlmalloc is disabled since 2002, as
it breaks sawfish on several architectures. From this version
on, we don't ship it anymore. [Kim B. Heino]
- Export the imageloader beeing used by sawfish in the .pc file.
- Don't remove the .pot file upon `make distclean'.
- Install Sawfishs header files to $includedir/sawfish/.
- Autotools improvements (Makefile, autogen.sh & Co.)
- Fixed a bug where the gnome-panels pager gets confused about
the current viewport when displaying all workspaces. [Jeremy
- Fixed minor bugs in viewport.jl. [Jeremy Hankins]
- Fixed a small doc misstake (refered to window-set instead of
window-put). [Christopher Bratusek]
- Fixed the docstrings of shrink and yank. [Timo Korvola]
- Last 3 instances of "sawmill" replaced by "sawfish". [Kim B.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)