|| ||Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar-AT-freenet.de> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] librep 0.90.5 |
|| ||Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:50:37 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
a new version of librep is availabe for download NOW!
What is librep?
Librep is a shared library implementing a Lisp dialect that is
lightweight, reasonably fast, and highly extensible. It had been
authored by John Harper. It contains an interpreter, byte-code compiler
and virtual machine. Applications may use the interpreter as an
extension language, or it may be used for standalone scripts.
Rep was originally inspired by Emacs Lisp. However one of the main
deficiencies of elisp--the reliance on dynamic scope--has been removed.
Also, rep only has a single namespace for symbols.
Librep is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
copyright John Harper, and is known to compile on at least the
following architectures: Alpha AMD64 ARM ARMEL HPPA IA-32 IA-64 M68k
MIPS MIPSEL PowerPC PowerPC-64 S390 SPARC X86 (according to Debian
Where to get it?
* Byte compiler bugfix in docstring loss [Teika Kazura]
Practical effect: Previously, if a user byte-compile files, then
the docstring is lost in sawfish-config. This is fixed.
Details: Loss of docstring happened only if (1) byte compiler is
not given `--write-docs', so only byte-compilation by user (2)
defvar is invoked within macro definition, including `defcustom' in
Sawfish. Plain defvar was not affected by this bug. It was
because in 'trans-defvar' in lisp/rep/vm/compiler/rep.jl, the
docstring is stored in a wrong property `variable-documentation'.
It is corrected to `documentation'.
Symbol `variable-documentation' is not used elsewhere, including
Sawfish and emacs' sawfish-mode.
* Our own implementation of dlmalloc is disabled since 2002, as it
breaks librep on several architectures. From this version on, we
don't ship it. [Kim B. Heino]
* Our own implementation of alloca/memcmp is not needed, rely on
libcs instead. [Kim B. Heino]
* Majorly improved the debian and rpm packaging scripts [Christopher
Bratusek] [Kim B. Heino]
* Install headers to $includedir/rep/ instead of $includedir/
* Autotools improvements (Makefile, autogen.sh & Co.) [Christopher
* Added `file-gid-p' function for getting the gid of a file
* Added `file-uid-p' function for getting the uid of a file
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)