|| ||Alessandro Tanasi <alessandro-AT-lonerunners.net> |
|| ||full-disclosure-AT-lists.grok.org.uk, bugtraq-AT-securityfocus.com,
pen-test-AT-securityfocus.com, websecurity-AT-webappsec.org |
|| ||[tools] hostmap-0.2.1 released |
|| ||Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:57:28 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
I am glad to release hostmap version 0.2.1.
In this version there are a lot of bug fixes and some new features.
= Introduction =
hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool
written in Ruby and licensed under GNU General Public License version 3
(GPLv3). It's goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual
hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals
performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
= Changes =
Some of the new features include:
* Fixed handling of Errno::ECONNRESET in SSL certificate plugin.
* Upgraded net-dns to latest version from git repository.
* Fixed traceback on Mac OSX due to net-dns bug.
* Added check to enumerate host names with DNS TLD expansion.
* Added --print-maltego to get output in Maltego XML format.
* Fixed the exception handling architecture, now unknown exceptions
that can be raised on not supported system are handled.
* Fixed traceback on FreeBSD due to raising of different exceptions.
* Added Metasploit auxiliary module in extra folder.
* Added validation of -t option, if it isn't an IP address hostmap
* Added enumeration plugin timeout, by default at 10 minutes. Can be
changed with user supplied --timeout option.
* Moved website from http://hostmap.sourceforge.net to
* Added warning message to fix traceback if missing libopenssl-ruby.
See the complete list of changes at
= Download =
You can download it in the following formats:
* Source gzip compressed,
* Source zip compressed,
= Documentation =
* hostmap user's manual: http://hostmap.lonerunners.net/doc/README.pdf
* hostmap homepage: http://hostmap.lonerunners.net
Alessandro `jekil` Tanasi
to post comments)