|| ||Matthias Clasen <mclasen-AT-redhat.com> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gtk-devel-list-AT-gnome.org,
gtk-app-devel-list-AT-gnome.org, gtk-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||GLib 2.23.1 released |
|| ||Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:02:39 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
GLib 2.23.1 is now available for download at:
This is the a development release leading up to GLib 2.24.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.22. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.22.
* GLib 2.24 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.22 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.23 are not yet finalized, so there may be
incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.23.0 to GLib 2.23.1
* GObject performance work has landed:
- Construction of simple objects is much faster
- Interface lookup is lock-free and constant-time now
- Reduced locking overhead when dealing with types
* GType now has a G_DEFINE_INTERFACE convenience macro
* GIO gained GUtf8InputStream, an input stream that
performs utf-8 validation
* GLib now has byte-swap macros for gsize and gssize
* Bugs fixed:
557151 Determining the newly_constructed boolean in gobject.c...
557100 Performance improvements for GObjectClasses that don't...
501166 Warning message says IA__g_type_init instead of g_type_init
585375 Performance and Contention problems with g_type_class_ref...
587892 Race in GType when instantiating the same class for the...
603270 Input Stream validating utf8
603476 gioenums.h:62: error: comma at end of enumerator list
603540 g_time_val_from_iso8601 uses uninitialised variable
603982 Stack overflow when reading file async with filter
604645 G_DEFINE_INTERFACE_* documentation is not generated
604875 Use of sa_len conflicts with system header
320482 provide G_DEFINE_TYPE like macros for interfaces
* Updated translations:
December 20, 2009
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)