|| ||Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki.takahiro-AT-oss.ntt.co.jp> |
|| ||pgsql-announce-AT-postgresql.org |
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] pg_rman - PostgreSQL Recovery Manger released |
|| ||Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:54:26 +0900|
|| ||Article, Thread
Announcing the first release of pg_rman - PostgreSQL Recovery Manger.
pg_rman - http://code.google.com/p/pg-rman/
pg_rman is an online backup and restore tool for PostgreSQL.
The goal of the pg_rman project is providing a method for online
backup and PITR as easy as pg_dump. Also, it maintains a backup
catalog per database cluster. Users can maintain old backups
including archive logs with one command.
* Ease of use. Backup and restore can be done with just one command.
* Online full backup, incremental backup, and archive backup.
Incremental backup can reduce backup size extreamly.
* Backup compression. Unused area in pages are removed and only
actual data are compressed with gzip.
* Automatic backup maintenance. Backup and archive WAL files older
than specified days are deleted automatically.
* Backup validation. Backup can be validated with CRC checks.
* No transaction lost in restore. Configuration file generator for
point-in-time recovery is supported.
NTT Open Source Software Center
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:
to post comments)