|| ||Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||python-announce-AT-python.org |
|| ||Distribute 0.6.9 released |
|| ||Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:36:32 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
On behalf of the Distribute team, I am happy to release Distribute 0.6.9.
== What is Distribute ? ==
Distribute is a fork of the Setuptools project.
Distribute is intended to replace Setuptools as the standard method
for working with Python module distributions.
For those who may wonder why they should switch to Distribute over
Setuptools, it's quite simple:
* Distribute is a drop-in replacement for Setuptools
* The code is actively maintained, and has over 10 commiters
* Distribute offers Python 3 support !
See : http://packages.python.org/distribute/
== Important changes ==
* Distribute now works fine under some versions of MacPort Python that
have a bug with the platform.mac_ver() API
* Fixed easy_install (the command) behavior w.r.t. a local setup.cfg
* Now Sandbox can allow writing in some specific files (by default :
== Detailed Changes ==
* Issue 90: unknown setuptools version can be added in the working set
* Issue 87: setupt.py doesn't try to convert distribute_setup.py anymore
Initial Patch by arfrever.
* Issue 89: added a side bar with a download link to the doc.
* Issue 86: fixed missing sentence in pkg_resources doc.
* Added a nicer error message when a DistributionNotFound is raised.
* Issue 80: test_develop now works with Python 3.1
* Issue 93: upload_docs now works if there is an empty sub-directory.
* Issue 70: exec bit on non-exec files
* Issue 99: now the standalone easy_install command doesn't uses a
"setup.cfg" if any exists in the working directory. It will use it
only if triggered by ``install_requires`` from a setup.py call
(install, develop, etc).
* Issue 101: Allowing ``os.devnull`` in Sandbox
* Issue 92: Fixed the "no eggs" found error with MacPort
* Issue 103: test_get_script_header_jython_workaround not run
anymore under py3 with C or POSIX local. Contributed by Arfrever.
* Issue 104: remvoved the assertion when the installation fails,
with a nicer message for the end user.
* Issue 100: making sure there's no SandboxViolation when
the setup script patches setuptools.
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)