Red Hat's Andy Cathrow and Jim Brennan about the company's latest
Enterprise Virtualization technology.
"ML: In the year between the merger with Qumranet and the release of RHEV for Servers, what were the primary changes made to the product?
AC: We made many, significant changes. A quick, but not complete list includes:
* SAN support - including iSCSI and Fiber channel (previously NFS only)
* Multipath I/O
* NIC bonding (host)
* Multiple nics (guest)
* High availability
* System scheduler (distribution policies, scheduling VMS)
* Power Saver
* Support for large hosts 96 cores, 1TB RAM
* Support for large guests 16 cores, 256GB RAM
* Support for managing hosts - including configuration files and software updates
to post comments)