|| ||Scott James Remnant <scott-AT-ubuntu.com> |
|| ||ubuntu-devel-announce-AT-lists.ubuntu.com |
|| ||Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2009-10-20 |
|| ||Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:10:01 +0100|
|| ||ubuntu-devel-discuss-AT-lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-devel-AT-lists.ubuntu.com|
|| ||Article, Thread
= Attendees =
Scott James Remnant (chair)
= Notes =
* Review actions from last meeting
* Keybuk to finalize unit policy and email to TB for vote
See agenda item.
* cjwatson to drive vote on Archive Reorg rights for ubuntu-desktop
and mythbuntu in email
This has been done.
* pitti to announce DMB meeting next Tuesday 1400
This was done.
* Developer Membership Board
The inaugural meeting took place last week, and meetings will take
place every two weeks thereafter as required.
ACTION (continued): jono to review and update governance documentation
to reflect that the DMB is now handling developer applications, not
* Units Policy
General consensus on the draft policy has been reached, with a note
that the exception section could do with being less rules-based and
merely granted to the traditional tools such as df and du, perhaps
directly by name.
ACTION: Keybuk to drive units policy to completion and vote by e-mail
* EC2 image updates
Discussion of Scott Moser's draft proposal for providing updated EC2
kernel (AKI), ramdisk (ARI) and filesystem (AMI) images on a regular
basis throughout the cycle.
It was agreed that an update to the kernel requires all three images
to be updated, and that an update to either the ramdisk or filesystem
needs those two images to be updated.
The schedule was agreed to be based on the time to download the
updates not included in a new image (which users need to configure
themselves currently), and based on security issues.
These updated images will be provided throughout the support cycle for
the given release.
ACTION: Scott Moser to dedraft from an RFC to a policy
ACTION: Scott Moser to continue working on a system to find the right
* Community Bugs: none this week
* Next meeting: Keybuk and cjwatson are unable to attend the next
meeting, mdz may not be able to attend
* Chair for next meeting: SABDFL
Scott James Remnant
ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list
to post comments)