|| ||ced <ced-AT-b2ck.com> |
|| ||comp-lang-python-announce-AT-moderators.isc.org |
|| ||Tryton 1.4 is available |
|| ||Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:35:06 -0700 (PDT)|
|| ||Article, Thread
Tryton is a three-tiers high-level general purpose application
platform under the license GPL-3 written in Python and using
PostgreSQL as database engine.
It is the core base of a complete business solution providing
modularity, scalability and security.
This new series comes up with new modules, security and performance
improvements as well as the SQLite support and welcomes the arrival of
Neso, the standalone version of Tryton. As usual, database migration
is completely automated (and works on databases created with both the
1.0 and 1.2 series). Most of bugfixes from the last 6 months of
developments have already been backported in the 1.0 and 1.2 series.
The most noteworthy new features are:
- The add of SQLite support as DBMS
- The Neso standalone version of Tryton
- The cache improvement on the server thus ensuring that each record
is read at most once in the same transaction
- Wizards optionally preserve their sizes from successive calls
- The new filters "Starts with" and "Ends with" on fields containing
- The reload of modules if files have changed
- CalDAV for calendar management and CardDAV for contact management
- LDAP authentication
- Project management
- The possibility to define sale price list per party.
A more complete list of the new features on: http://www.tryton.org/news.html
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)