|| ||Neil Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
|| ||email@example.com |
|| ||ANNOUNCE: mdadm 3.1 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux |
|| ||Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:12:59 +1100|
|| ||Article, Thread
Hot on the heals of 3.0.3 I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 3.1
It is available at the usual places:
and via git at
It contains significant feature enhancements over 3.0.x
The brief change log is:
- Support --grow to change the layout of RAID4/5/6
- Support --grow to change the chunksize of raid 4/5/6
- Support --grow to change level from RAID1 -> RAID5 -> RAID6 and
- Support --grow to reduce the number of devices in RAID4/5/6.
- Support restart of these grow options which assembling an array
which is partially grown.
- Assorted tests of this code, and of different RAID6 layouts.
Note that a 2.6.31 or later is needed to have access to these.
Reducing devices in a RAID4/5/6 requires 2.6.32.
Changing RAID5 to RAID1 requires 2.6.33.
You should only upgrade if you need to use, or which to test, these
NeilBrown 22nd October 2009
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-raid" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html