|| ||Mirco Bauer <meebey-AT-meebey.net> |
|| ||mono-announce-list-AT-lists.ximian.com, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Smuxi 0.6.4.1 |
|| ||Thu, 15 Oct 2009 00:00:46 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
2 months after releasing Smuxi 0.6.4 I am proud to announce the first
bugfix release, 0.6.4.1 codenamed 'Claire'. This version fixes all bugs
that were reported since the release of 0.6.4.
The most notable change is the optimized nickname color feature which
has been redesigned to select colors which will look good on your
screen. The algorithm is based on the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines published by the W3C. This feature is now enabled by default
for new installs. Existing users are encouraged to visit the preferences
to enable the feature. To assist in tracking your conversations,
nicknames in your replies will now be colored too.
The default font for Windows was changed from Monospace to FixedSys
which should give a much improved experience.
A full list of changes is included below.
Smuxi is available for download from:
What is it?
Smuxi is an irssi-inspired, flexible, user-friendly and cross-platform
IRC client for advanced users, targeting the GNOME desktop.
The special feature of Smuxi is that it can be used like the typical
irssi+screen combo. The IRC session can run on a server (using
`smuxi-server') and a frontend (like `smuxi-frontend-gnome') then can
connect to that. The frontend can then be detached and re-attached at
some later point without losing any IRC connections or messages.
The project website can be found at:
* Feature #192: Allow adding options to the ssh command.
* Feature #199: Use nick-colors for mode changes
* Feature #200: Detect nicknames in replies and replace with colors
* Feature #202: Include translations in the windows installer
* Feature #208: SSH password support for plink
* Feature #210: Use better default font on Windows
* Feature #193: Include plink.exe in the Windows installer
* Bug #153: Configured tab colors are lost after restart
* Bug #189: Font and color settings are not applied to userlist
* Bug #194: Clicking an http:// link will crash the application if it
fails to start the browser
* Bug #197: nick colors sometime gives very bad contrast
* Bug #203: Day change line is not honoring the local timezone
* Bug #204: Highlight gets cleared by regular messages
* Bug #206: Topic can trigger highlights
* Bug #207: Engine -> Add Remote Engine is doing nothing
* Bug #209: output of /names is unsorted
* Bug #190: Hide plink.exe window on Windows
* Bug #195: Windows installer thinks GTK# 2.12.9 is older than 2.12.9
* German translation
(Smuxi is seeking for translators!)
14 October 2009
Mirco 'meebey' Bauer
PGP-Key ID: 0xEEF946C8
FOSS Developer email@example.com http://www.meebey.net/
PEAR Developer firstname.lastname@example.org http://pear.php.net/
Debian Developer email@example.com http://www.debian.org/
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)