|| ||Mario Sanchez Prada <msanchez-AT-igalia.com> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Flickr Remote Organizer for GNOME (frogr) 0.2 |
|| ||Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:31:28 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
The 0.2 release of 'frogr: Flickr Remote Organizer for GNOME' is
out. It's still a very early release so do not expect a very
complete application, bug-free code and the like, but just a basic
application which should work ok in a regular basis for a regular user.
* What is it ?
Flickr Remote Organizer for GNOME (frogr) intends to be a complete
application to remotely manage a flickr account from the GNOME desktop.
It uses the flickcurl library  to communicate with the server through
the publicly available flickr REST API.
At this moment frogr is basically a flickr uploader for GNOME, but the
plan is to iteratively evolve it towards a complete flickr manager which
should allow things such as modifying properties for already uploaded
pictures, managing flickr albums an so forth.
This project is Free Software and published under the terms of the GNU
Public License v3.
* What's new in 0.2 ?
* Generate ChangeLog from git log with 'make dist'
* Added .spec file for fedora 11 packaging system
* Added drag'n'drop support for loading pictures in frogr
* Added support to add tags to pictures (instead of just replacing)
* Fixed (legacy) support for libgnome2 to compile in debian lenny :-)
* Use accessor functions instead of direct access and removed some
deprecated GTK+ symbols
* Added i18n support and an initial es_ES lang file
* Support silent build rules with automake 1.11
* Bugfixes and several minor improvements
* Where can I get it ?
* Source code:
* Upstream code in git repository at http://gitorious.org/frogr:
git clone http://git.gitorious.org/frogr/mainline.git
* Distro-specific packages available in the web of the project :
* Translation updates
* es_ES (initial language file provided with the new i18n support)
* Thanks to contributors
* Adrian Perez
* Alberto Garcia
* Alejandro Piñeiro (API)
* Javier Jardon
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)