|| ||"Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gnome-multimedia-AT-gnome.org,
rygel-list-AT-gnome.org, gupnp-AT-o-hand.com, dlna-dev-AT-tree.celinuxforum.org |
|| ||Rygel 0.4 |
|| ||Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:58:57 +0300|
|| ||Article, Thread
Rygel 0.4 (Fascinating!) is out
Brief summary of changes since 0.3:
- Rygel is no more just a MediaServer but rather a collection of DLNA (UPnP AV)
services (devices in UPnP speak).
- Port to new GUPnP APIs. The biggest advantage of that is that we now have
dynamic network support, i-e Rygel can attach/detach to/from a network
interface as it goes up/down.
- Support for time-based seeking in transcoded streams.
- Random tweaks to transcoding pipelines.
- Provide a DBus service providing two functionalities:
* Ability to tell Rygel to shutdown. Starting of Rygel is automatically
handled by D-Bus since a .service file is provided by Rygel.
* Ability to tell Rygel (MediaExport plugin actually) to (un)export URIs on
- Implement enabling/disabling of UPnP in the preferences.
- Configuration through command-line options.
- Use a .ini configuration file rather than gconf.
- Special default configuration for Maemo.
- Don't spam the user's config directory and instead keep the description files
into a separate subdirectory.
- `make clean` doesn't clean the generated C files anymore.
- Remove "all rights reserved" part from all copyright headers.
- Remove integrated DVB plugin as DVBDaemon now implements the external plugin
interface and hence dynamically glues to Rygel, just like PulseAudio.
- New classes to further ease the plugin implementation.
- (Un)pause the SoupMessage at the right time. This was causing a lot of delays
when playing media on Sony PS3.
- Bitrate is supposed to be in bytes/second. Not really but tell that to writers
of UPnP specification.
- Expose transcode formats in the GetProtocolInfo's source argument. This should
make Sony Bravia TVs happy.
- Transcoder URIs are now sorted according to their distance from the original
- Provide "contentFeatures.dlna.org" header in the HTTP responses.
- Provide DLNA transferMode header in the HTTP responses.
- Only advertise internal URIs on local loopback interface.
- Replace 'ip' config by 'interface' so users can bind Rygel to interfaces
rather than IP.
- Allow plugins to provide thumbnails.
- Add thumbnails (if available) for each item if none provided by plugins. This
works both on the desktop and Maemo.
- Suppress all C compiler warnings by default. These warnings are mostly useless
for us since almost all C code is generated.
- Preference dialog is now more like a GNOME preferences dialog.
- Provide .desktop file for preferences dialog.
- Shave the build output.
- GstLaunch: New plugin that exposes gstreamer pipelines described using
familiar gst-launch syntax in the user configuration.
- Tracker plugin:
- Nicer default title.
- Better detection of Tracker availability. Apparently ubuntu folks think that
providing a .service file is wrong.
- Better titles for top-level folders.
- More usable hierarchy: Browsing by artists, albums and tags.
- Folder plugin:
- Rename to MediaExport.
- Nicer default title.
- Use the new Rygel classes to extract, export and save media metadata.
- notify about updates to containers.
- Skip files/folders starting with '.'.
- Avoid crash if unknown file is found.
- Delete gone directories on new start.
- React on deletion of files.
- Add recursive file monitoring.
- Provide simple and easy options to add and remove files and folders from the
- External plugin:
- actually use 'DLNAProfile' property.
- Don't load the plugin more than once.
- Utilise optional MediaItem properties.
- Fetch items on demand.
- Fix critical warnings.
- Mediathek plugin:
- Fix crash if no config is available.
- Require gupnp >= 0.13
- Require gupnp-av >= 0.5
- Require GStreamer >= 0.10.23
- Require libgee >= 0.3.0
Bugs fixed in this release:
584649 - Folder plugin should not export dot files and directories
586108 - ID3 information not exported on mp3 files
588034 - Bad durations for audio video files with media export plugin
585986 - Some copyright headers claim "all rights reserved"
585989 - Running "make clean" should leave generated C files in place.
586134 - Tracker plugin fails if org.freedesktop.Tracker can't be activated,
even if tracker is already running
586243 - GStreamer 0.10.23 required for correct operation of transcoder
587651 - Support for some MediaItem properties missing
587855 - HTTP Error responses not sent
587866 - No way to notify about new sub-containers
588030 - rygel-preferences crashes if user's config file is missing
588162 - Support seeking in transcoded content
589955 - dc:creator never included in DIDL output
589956 - git ignore rules
589974 - Set the bitrate for transcoded resources correctly.
589977 - Rygel not recognised by Sony Bravia televisions
590643 - refactor HTTP request handling code
590702 - Rygel should provide thumbnails for items
591580 - not compatible with Samsung UE46B7070
593228 - [plugin] new gstlaunch plugin
All contributors to this release:
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <email@example.com>
Jens Georg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
James Henstridge <email@example.com>
Thijs Vermeir <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ole André Vadla Ravnås <email@example.com>
Download source tarball at: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rygel/0.4
What is Rygel?
Rygel is a collection of DLNA (UPnP) services (devices in UPnP speak),
implemented through a plug-in mechanism. More info at:
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)