|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||GDM2 2.28.0 (stable), the "New World Order" Release |
|| ||Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:44:25 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
The 2.28.0 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Now GDM supports the ability to specify the automatic/timed login user
via a script via the same interface that the old GDM supported.
- Now the user's dmrc and face image files are stored in /var/cache/gdm,
so that the login process does not need to access the user's $HOME
directory before authentication. Refer to bug #565151.
- Fix the login GUI options widget so the language/session/layout
choices are not reset after a failed login.
- Fix language dialog so it does not crash if the user click's the "OK"
button when no language is selected.
- Fix to ensure that the login dialog regains focus after the language
or layout dialogs are used.
- The language dialog has improved logic to sort the language names more
- Make sure to check error variable is not NULL before referencing it in
the gdm-user-manager code.
- Make sure to not print NULL strings since this causes crashes on some
- Improve documentation.
Documentation & Downloading
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.28/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.29/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)