|| ||Robby Stephenson <robby-AT-periapsis.org> |
|| ||tellico-users-AT-kde.org |
|| ||Tellico 2.0 Released |
|| ||Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:26:49 -0700|
|| ||Article, Thread
The Tellico development team (namely me) is pleased to announce the first
release of Tellico for KDE4. Tellico 2.0 is available for download and
includes many bug fixes and updates, in addition to being ported to the
* Project development was moved to the KDE extragear module.
* The project homepage was updated to tellico-project.org.
* The project mailing list was moved to tellico-users (at) kde.org.
* Project bug reports now use KDE's bugzilla server.
* Tellico was relicensed under the terms of the GPL version 2 or version
3 or later versions approved by the membership of KDE e.V.
* KDE4 and Qt4 are now required, with the earliest tested versions being
QT 4.2 and KDE 4.2.
* Document loading for the Tellico (.tc) format was improved and should
be much faster for large collections.
* Image handling was refactored and should be significantly more robust.
* Support for sending citations to OpenOffice.org was removed.
* Because of API changes, searching Amazon now requires each user to
request a secret key from amazon.com.
* The document syntax version has been bumped to 11, so if you save a
file with this version of Tellico, older versions of Tellico will not open
* Due to being a part of KDE's extragear module, the quantity and
quality of the translations increased for both the user interface and the
* Fields for automatically tracking the creation and modification date
for each entry were added.
* Dependent fields were improved to allow using them for any field type.
* Adding multiple ISBN values now does correction for unmodified CueCat
* Searching for multiple ISBN or LCCN values was enabled for SRU data
* The HTML export was updated to use country and language code both for
* Webcam support was fixed to work with new Linux kernels. The libv4l
library is required.
* A bug that caused a crash with some large images was fixed.
* HTML export was fixed to include correct image location.
* Updating no longer appends new paragraph values [KDE #206759].
* Minor bugs were fixed in the bibtex importer, Alexandria importer, and
* A significant number of unit tests were added.
As always, please send your comments, questions, and bug reports to the
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)