|| ||Tanya Lattner <lattner-AT-apple.com> |
|| ||LLVM Dev <llvmdev-AT-cs.uiuc.edu> |
|| ||2.6 pre-release1 ready for testing |
|| ||Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:50:34 -0700|
|| ||Article, Thread
2.6 pre-release1 is ready to be tested by the community.
You will notice that we have quite a few pre-compiled binaries (of
both clang and llvm-gcc). We have identified several bugs that will be
fixed in pre-release2, so please search the bug database before filing
a new bug.
If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.
To test llvm-gcc:
1) Compile llvm from source and untar the llvm-test in the projects
directory (name it llvm-test or test-suite). Choose to use a pre-
compiled llvm-gcc or re-compile it yourself.
2) Run make check, report any failures (FAIL or unexpected pass). Note
that you need to reconfigure llvm with llvm-gcc in your path or with --
3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt
To test clang:
1) Compile llvm and clang from source.
2) Run make check for llvm.
3) Run make -C tools/clang-2.6 test VERBOSE=1 (report any failures or
When reporting your results, please provide details on what platform
you compiled on, and how
you built LLVM (src == obj, or src != obj), clang, and/or llvm-gcc.
Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY end of the day on Sept. 5th!
LLVM Developers mailing list
to post comments)