|| ||Volker Lanz <vl-AT-fidra.de> |
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org> |
|| ||KDE Partition Manager 1.0.0 |
|| ||Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:32:47 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
Name: KDE Partition Manager
Type: KDE System Tool
Depend: KDE 4.x
KDE Partition Manager is a utility program to
help you manage the disk devices, partitions and
file systems on your computer. It allows you to
easily create, copy, move, delete, resize without
losing data, backup and restore partitions.
KDE Partition Manager supports a large number of
file systems, including ext2/3/4, reiserfs, NTFS,
FAT16/32, jfs, xfs and more.
It makes use of external programs to get its job
done, so you might have to install additional
software (preferably packages from your
distribution) to make use of all features and get
full support for all file systems.
KDE Partition Manager is also available as a
bootable Live CD.
Note: Not all binary packages for all
distributions have arrived in the repositories yet
(2009-08-17 22:30 CEST). You might have to wait a
few more hours until you can download a binary
package for your architecture and your
* Code unchanged from RC1.
* Many translations heavily improved.
* Correctly handle ext4 file systems even with
patched parted 1.8.8 (and hopefully 1.8.9 too).
Patch by Fatih Asici . (bug #195243)
* Clear the partition flags for a copied partition
in the preview. (bug #202346)
* Write the new start sector to the partition's
boot sector if an NTFS file system was moved or
copied. (bug #202329)
* Set the default file system in the
New-Partition-dialog, don't just rely on it being
the first one in the list.
* Sort items in file system combo boxes
* Fix a bug where the total free space available
could get smaller and smaller when moving an
existing partition in a dialog.
* Fix a bug that the progress information wasn't
set as window title for the top level application
* Speed up copying file systems (and thus moving,
resizing and copying).
* Add some basic timing output to the detailed
report for copying file systems.
* Find a file system's mount point even if it is
identified by label in fstab.
* Add support for reading file system labels from
FAT16 and FAT32.
* Fix a bug where the volume label for a linuxswap
file system was lost when resizing it.
* Make sure all interesting information shown in
labels anywhere in the application is
user-selectable with the mouse.
* Display the UUID for most file systems that
* Always show the current file system in the
partition properties dialog's file system combo
box, even if it cannot be created, is too big or
* Add an application icon contributed by David
* Allow setting the file system label in the
dialog when creating a new partition.
* Add a context menu to operation list.
* Use a shell script to run partition manager as a
child of hal-lock. This should in theory (and
according to the hal-lock manpage) avoid
for new devices, but doesn't seem to work that
* Fix a bug that would keep the user from deleting
a newly created logical partition because the
application thought there were higher-numbered
partitions still mounted.
* Add a kcm for KDE Partition Manager. If this is
built and installed or not
can be (like it already is the case with the
KPart) configured via cmake.
Repackaged without documentation to fix build
breakage on systems with cmake prior to 2.6.2.
* Fix a potential crash when merging a New
Operation and a Create File System Operation.
* Set extended partitions as busy as long as
logical partitions inside them are mounted.
* Don't silently succeed when unmounting a
partition that cannot in fact be unmounted because
it has no mount points.
* Prevent creating a new partition table on a
device with mounted partitions.
* Add tooltips to partition widgets.
* Don't show cd/dvd readers or writers as devices
even if libparted reports them.
* Add support for ext4.
* Fix calculation of reserved/free blocks for
* Output reason why a mount or unmount might have
* Fix minimum width for extended partitions in the
partition table widget.
* Fix a bug where a partition table just created
would not disappear when the operation to create
it was undone.
* Don't allow creating partitions smaller than the
device's cylinder size.
* Fix an error that could lead to some space (a
few megabytes) between two partitions being
Fix the most important bugs. See CHANGES in the
source archive for detailed information.
Initial public release.
openDesktop.org - h i v e 01 gmbh - trainee
Trainee Software Entwicklung openDesktop.org - h i
v e 01 gmbh - trainee
more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)