|| ||Oleg Broytmann <phd-AT-phd.pp.ru> |
|| ||Python Mailing List <python-list-AT-python.org>,
Python Announce Mailing List <python-announce-list-AT-python.org> |
|| ||SQLObject 0.11.0 |
|| ||Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:24:53 +0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
I'm pleased to announce version 0.11.0, the first stable release of 0.11 branch
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
Firebird, Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also known as SAPDB).
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
News since 0.10
Features & Interface
* Dropped support for Python 2.3. The minimal version of Python for
SQLObject is 2.4 now.
* Dropped support for PostgreSQL 7.2. The minimal supported version of
PostgreSQL is 7.3 now.
* New magic attribute 'j' similar to 'q' was added that automagically does
join with the other table in MultipleJoin or RelatedJoin.
* SQLObject can now create and drop a database in MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
* Added some support for schemas in PostgreSQL.
* Added DecimalStringCol - similar to DecimalCol but stores data as strings
to work around problems in some drivers and type affinity problem in
* Added sqlobject.include.hashcol.HashCol - a column type that automatically
hashes anything going into it, and returns out an object that hashes
anything being compared to itself. Basically, it's good for really simple
one-way password fields, and it even supports the assignment of None to
indicate no password set. By default, it uses the md5 library for
hashing, but this can be changed in a HashCol definition.
* RowDestroyedSignal and RowUpdatedSignal were added.
* Use reversed() in manager/command.py instead of .__reversed__().
* Minor change in logging to console - logger no longer stores the output
file, it gets the file from module sys every time by name; this means
logging will use new sys.stdout (or stderr) in case the user changed
* Changed the order of testing of SQLite modules - look for external
PySQLite2 before sqlite3.
For a more complete list, please see the news:
Oleg Broytmann http://phd.pp.ru/ email@example.com
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)