|| ||Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||Gnome Themes <gnome-themes-list-AT-gnome.org>, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Announcing gtk-css-engine 0.3.1 |
|| ||Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:29:34 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
The CSS Theme Engine for Gtk+, Version 0.3.1 is available for download.
The CSS theme engine for Gtk+ an experimental theme engine reading
styling information from CSS rather than the traditional gtkrc format.
The engine has only seen very limited testing and is not suited for
production use at this point in time. We are however proud to announce
that this is the initial release that supports desktop-wide use.
New and noteworthy
* Initial support for desktop-wide use.
* Require ccss >= 0.5.0 .
* Improvements to the "moblesse" sample theme .
* Updates to the "pioneer" single canvas template.
Due to limitations in the Gtk+ toolkit integration working with the CSS
engine requires extra steps. Here is a brief rundown that should work
on most systems. This workflow requires The Widget Factory  to be
installed and its "twf" binary be found in the path.
(1) Install to --prefix=/usr
(2) Delete the directory /usr/share/themes/moblesse
(3) Symlink the tarball's themes/moblesse directory to ~/.themes/moblesse
(4) Edit themes/moblesse/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.css
(5) Go to themes/moblesse/gtk-2.0 and run "make preview"
(6) Repeat from (4)
Step (4) creates a gtkrc file called generated.rc which is included in
the theme's boilerplate gtkrc. This ensures gtk is initialised
correctly so that foreign applications like Firefox and OpenOffice.org
work as expected.
A template tarball for custom themes will be made available shortly.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)