|| ||Filippo Argiolas <fargiolas-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Cheese 2.27.90 released |
|| ||Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:25:18 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
Wondering how will your most favorite application fit in that tiny netbook you just bought?
How will that little screen handle your big face once you turn into the Hulk?
You can stop worrying now, the new amazing Wide Mode is the answer!
what is it?
Take photos and videos with your webcam, with fun graphical effects
what's changed in 2.27.90?
- Drop HILDON mode. We used to have HILDON support once but it has
been broken for several major releases now. Better no support than
a partial and broken one.
- Merge netbook-mode branch. Introduces a new horizontal mode that
fits nicely in small screens where the vertical real estate is
limited (like netbooks). Commits summary follows.
- Enable wide mode at startup if enabled in gconf or if forced
through -w/--wide command line option. Save wide mode
state in a gconf key.
- Prevent icon view to shrink down when empty.
- Let the thumbview pick up its optimal size. Remove hard coded size
constraints for the icon view so that it picks up the best size
for the current children (i.e. centered items, even with no
selection, with every thumbnail size). Remove also extra
spacing between and around thumbnails.
- Correctly update thumbnav button sensitiveness. Force an update on
up and down button sensitiveness while switching mode.
- Keep size of the video preview area while switching mode. This way
the icon view moves from the bottom to the right side while the
rest of the window remains still.
- Add UI for dynamically switching to and from wide mode.
Add a WideMode action that triggers widget reparenting and changes
spacing the vertical mode.
- Add a function that sets the ThumbNav in vertical mode reparenting
widgets on the fly.
- Add a vertical mode for the ThumbNav. Add up and down buttons and
implement vertical scrolling logic.
- Reparent the icon view into the right aligment. First experiment
of an horizontal mode suited for netbooks.
- Make room for a vertical icon view in the right side. Add an hbox
and an alignment to contain the icon view in the yet to come
- Set WARNING MessageType for the InfoBar.
Warning is certainly more suited since the missing webcam is not a fatal
error. Also, the red color for the error type is really ugly. This
lovely orange is much better.
- Remove *.glade files.
It is not recommended to use gtk-builder-convert anymore but to use
glade-3 directly on the .ui files
- Insensitize buttons and actions while "bursting".
- Take the first photo of a burst right after button press. Rework a
little bit burst mode to allow this.
- Add 256x256 Cheese icons, courtesy of Ulisse Perusin.
- Add tooltips to the buttons. Now that toolbar buttons have no
labels tooltips can be helpful to identify each button role.
- Add burst mode settings to preferences dialog. Allow to configure
amount of photos to take in a burst and delay between each one.
- Remove icon-size attribute of button icons. All icons have now the
same size and honour gtk theme settings.
- Add the scalable version of the take photo and burst icons.
- Add --version command line flag.
- post release version bump
- Added/Updated Translations
- ast, courtesy of astur
- ca@valencia, courtesy of Gil Forcada
- de, courtesy of Michael Kanis
- es, courtesy of Jorge González
- et, courtesy of Ivar Smolin
- eu, courtesy of Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio
- fr, courtesy of Nicolas Repentin
- ga, courtesy of Seán de Búrca
- gl, courtesy of Antón Méixome
- nb, courtesy of Kjartan Maraas
- pl, courtesy of Tomasz Dominikowski
- sv, courtesy of Daniel Nylander
- ta, courtesy of Dr.T.Vasudevan
- zh_HK, courtesy of Chao-Hsiung Liao
- zh_TW, courtesy of Chao-Hsiung Liao
- Added/Updated Documentation
- de, courtesy of Mario Blättermann
- fr, courtesy of Laurent Coudeur
where can i get it?
you can get it by pressing here!
what does it look like?
take a look here!
where can i find out more?
you can visit the project web site:
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)