|| ||Olivier Tilloy <olivier-AT-fluendo.com> |
|| ||python-announce-list-AT-python.org |
|| ||Moovida Media Center 1.0.6 Release |
|| ||Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:47:45 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
Dear Python users,
The Moovida team is happy to announce the release of Moovida Media
Center 1.0.6, code-named "Jana".
Moovida, formerly known as Elisa, is a cross-platform and open-source
Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
This new version fixes many important bugs (see attached release notes)
among which crashes on windows (reduced by 35%) and improves the overall
performance (the UI is twice as fluid and Moovida uses 10MB less memory).
Thanks to contributions from the community, Moovida now ships with
complete translations for Spanish, French, Italian, Polish and Brazilian
Portuguese. Everyone is welcome to contribute to translate Moovida in
their mother tongue: see http://translations.launchpad.net/elisa.
This release is a lightweight release, meaning it is pushed through our
automatic plugin update system. Additionally a windows installer is
available for download on our website.
As usual, for users already running Moovida, the upgrade to 1.0.6 should
be done automatically via the plugin repository.
A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:
This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a media-centered week,
Olivier, for the Moovida team
Moovida 1.0.6 "Jana"
This is Moovida 1.0.6, sixth release of the 1.0 branch.
New features since 1.0.5:
- A common caching module in the core
Bugs fixed since 1.0.5:
- 380974: Widget styles updated too often
- 392082: [win:crash] Startup crash when calling __GetProcFromComCtl32 on Acer machines
- 401839: [win32] Moovida doesn't start for usernames containing an apostrophe
- 259135: [linux] Unable to display pictures served by Coherence over UPnP
- 268220: 'Setup LIRC' script crashes after setting up all keys
- 293805: [solaris] Moovida doesn't install desktop file
- 388910: Picture library is not opening
- 396501: Multiple simultaneous loading of the same section
- 396510: Unable to login into flickr account
- 398541: [win32] FLAC files not recognized
- 399384: Tracebacks when entering/scrolling a list controller
- 403058: Texts cuts if Liberation font used by Moovida
- 408707: Description of track/song going beyond the length of 'textbox'
- 254951: The discogs resource provider modifies requests
- 274324: Hide passwords in the text entry of the on-screen-keyboard
- 296523: Generic "favorites" plugin depends on the "shoutcast" plugin
- 303307: Invalid frob error from the flickr plugin
- 319517: Flickr account cannot be accessed again if once logged out
- 390625: Text gets regenerated for widgets not seen on screen
- 396948: List widgets don't properly update when deleting or changing items
- 400137: moovida 1.0.5. crashes in i18n when no locale is set
- 403966: [win32] Removed media sources re-appear
- 329849: The man-page is outdated
- 399977: HAL plugin should work on Solaris
You can find source releases of Moovida on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://www.moovida.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Anna Wojdel
- David McLeod
- Fernando Casanova Coch
- Florian Boucault
- Guillaume Emont
- Jutta Mailander
- Lionel Martin
- LoÃ¯c Molinari
- Maxwell Young
- MichaÅ Sawicz
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
- RafaÅ Zawadzki
- Ugo Riboni
- Xose PÃ©rez
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)