|| ||Matthias Clasen <mclasen-AT-redhat.com> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gtk-devel-list-AT-gnome.org,
gtk-list-AT-gnome.org, gtk-app-devel-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||GLib 2.21.3 released |
|| ||Mon, 06 Jul 2009 00:44:27 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
GLib 2.21.3 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GLib 2.22.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.20. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.20.
* GLib 2.22 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.20 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.21 are not yet finalized, so there may be
incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.21.2 to GLib 2.21.3
* GMappedFile is refcounted now
* Mainloop: It is now possible to set per-thread default contexts,
* glib-mkenums supports a @basename@ substitution, in addition
- Vfs implementations can support storing of per-file metadata.
- GCancellable can now be subclassed.
- Unmount and eject methods now optionally allow interaction, via
variants that take a GMountOperation object.
* Bugs fixed:
556706 Inconsistent help arguments -h, -?
579449 FileChoosers no longer work if an idle handler is active
579933 mainloop FD_CLOEXEC has a race condition
579984 alternate GMainContext support
585937 gio/gsocket.c (glib 2.21.2) does not compile (Windows/mingw)
586675 Runtime library location
586797 Add GCancellables to GSocket ops
586868 g_filename_complete_get_completions doesn't always return...
587415 g_resolver_lookup_by_name_finish returns a freed list
587434 regression tests fail, at least on x86_64
586928 Avoid g++ warning in g_error()
* Updated translations:
Thanks to all contributors:
July 6, 2009
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)