|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.26.3 |
|| ||Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:03:13 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.26.3?
2.26.3 - 29-Jun-2009
* Fix for bug #511468 - Ekiga chat window accessibility problem
* Fix for bug #574221 - left-pane in Ekiga's preference box can't be
read at start-up
* Fix for bug #586890 - Orca 2.27.3 and earlier will crash if liblouis
1.6.2 python bindings are installed
* Fix for bug #583811 - Doing a select all in OOo Writer causes Orca
to say "selected" for each paragraph
* Fix for bug #584837 - Find dialog fails to move caret to desired
location in Thunderbird
* Fix for bug #568658 - Sometimes Orca announces the wrong subject in
Thunderbird. This change causes us to dump the pyatspi cache if
we're in Thunderbird and exit flat review. As a result, we should
not have bogus table data hanging around.
* Fix for bug #530784 - whereAmI info for list items in web content
needs to be improved
* Fix for bug #577900 - Blank lines in Firefox text areas incorrectly
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
cs Czech Lucas Lommer
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.26.3 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)