|| ||Morten Welinder <mortenw-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric Mailing List <gnumeric-list-AT-gnome.org>,
Gnome Announcement List <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric 1.9.9 |
|| ||Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:43:13 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
Free , Fast, Accurate -- Pick Any Three!
The Gnumeric Team is pleased to announce the release of Gnumeric 1.9.9
(as well as 1.9.6, 1.9.7, 1.9.7, and 1.9.8 which were never formally announced).
Gnumeric 1.9.9 requires the concurrently released goffice 0.7.8 and
The combined highlights are:
* Variable sheet size. It is now possible to change the number of
rows and columns in a sheet. This feature is still experimental.
* Sheet objects got some much-needed attention.
* Graphs with axes that are in units of dates or times should now
have reasonable ticks, for example one per month or year.
* Fix for a problem introduced in 1.9.4 causing xls files saved in
Gnumeric not to be readable by Excel. Resaving with Gnumeric 1.9.7 or
later fixes the issue.
* ODF import and export was improved
* Search can now search for a number, not just a string.
* New-from-template has been added. (Our templates could do with
some tender loving caring, though. If you can help, drop us a line.)
* New statistical tests for independence and homogeneity were added.
You can get the source code from http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/
on behalf of the team
Details can be found at
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)