|| ||Jens Axboe <email@example.com> |
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com |
|| ||[PATCH 0/15] Per-bdi writeback flusher threads v10 |
|| ||Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:54:00 +0200|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|| ||Article, Thread
Here's the 10th version of the writeback patches. Changes since v9:
- Fix bdi task exit race leaving work on the list, flush it after we
know we cannot be found anymore.
- Rename flusher tasks from bdi-foo to flush-foo. Should make it more
clear to the casual observer.
- Fix a problem with the btrfs bdi register patch that would spew
warnings for > 1 mounted btrfs file system.
- Rebase to current -git, there were some conflicts with the latest work
- Fix a block layer core problem were stacked devices would overwrite
the bdi state, causing problems and warning spew.
- In bdi_writeback_all(), in the race occurence of a work allocation
failure, restart scanning from the beginning. Then we can drop the
bdi_lock mutex before diving into bdi specific writeback.
- Convert bdi_lock to a spinlock.
- Use spin_trylock() in bdi_writeback_all(), if this isn't a data
integrity writeback. Debatable, I kind of like it...
- Get rid of BDI_CAP_FLUSH_FORKER, just check for match with the
- Fix race in list checking in bdi_forker_task().
For ease of patching, I've put the full diff here:
and also stored this in a writeback-v10 branch that will not change,
you can pull that into Linus tree from here:
Please test and report results/interesting finds. Thanks!
b/block/blk-core.c | 6
b/block/blk-settings.c | 4
b/drivers/block/aoe/aoeblk.c | 1
b/drivers/char/mem.c | 1
b/fs/btrfs/disk-io.c | 27 -
b/fs/buffer.c | 2
b/fs/char_dev.c | 1
b/fs/configfs/inode.c | 1
b/fs/fs-writeback.c | 818 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
b/fs/fuse/inode.c | 1
b/fs/hugetlbfs/inode.c | 1
b/fs/nfs/client.c | 1
b/fs/ocfs2/dlm/dlmfs.c | 1
b/fs/ramfs/inode.c | 1
b/fs/super.c | 3
b/fs/sysfs/inode.c | 1
b/fs/ubifs/super.c | 4
b/include/linux/backing-dev.h | 72 ++
b/include/linux/fs.h | 11
b/include/linux/writeback.h | 15
b/kernel/cgroup.c | 1
b/mm/Makefile | 2
b/mm/backing-dev.c | 519 +++++++++++++++++++++
b/mm/page-writeback.c | 157 ------
b/mm/swap_state.c | 1
b/mm/vmscan.c | 2
mm/pdflush.c | 269 -----------
27 files changed, 1317 insertions(+), 606 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-fsdevel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html