|| ||Lillian Angel <langel-AT-redhat.com> |
|| ||IcedTea Distro List <distro-pkg-dev-AT-openjdk.java.net> |
|| ||IcedTea6 1.5 Released! |
|| ||Fri, 29 May 2009 09:56:35 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
We are proud to announce the release of IcedTea6 1.5.
The IcedTea6 project provides a harness to build the source code from
OpenJDK6 (http://openjdk.java.net) using Free Software build tools.
- Static trace support through systemtap.
When given the configure option --enable-systemtap IcedTea will build
hotspot with the dtrace static markers enabled and install an hotspot
tapset that can be used to dynamically trace execution of java
applications at runtime. See the tapset/hotspot.stp file for
documentation of the various trace points and arguments available.
- Allow building of other virtual machines besides the default VM.
virtual machines on architectures where hotspot is available are cacao
and zero (or shark), and cacao, where zero (or shark) is available. It's
not possible to build cacao as the default VM, and zero as additional VM.
- Update to latest HotSpot minor build (hs14b10-->hs14b15) from the new
HotSpot Express repository.
- Updated to OpenJDK b16 build.
- VisualVM updated to 1.1.1.
- Updated to support CACAO 0.99.4.
- Several web browser plugin and javaws support fixes:
- Fixed security handling to prevent access denials when there is a site
specific exception in the policy file
- Allow extentions (chrome) to run Java code with full permissions
- Added non-trusted SSL support to WebStart (javaws)
- Added proxy support
- Other improvements that were breaking specific sites (tag parser fix,
nested jar support, etc.)
- Added JVM Console (used by http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/)
- Removed gcjwebplugin support.
- LCMS security fixes.
- Many build improvements.
- Many gervill, java2d, nio2, pulse java, zero/shark, jtreg fixes.
- Experimental out-of-the-box cross-compilation support (not yet finished)
- Other bug fixes.
The tarball and nosrc RPM can be downloaded here:
The following people helped with this release:
Gary Benson, Deepak Bhole, Andrew Haley, Andrew John Hughes, Tomas
Hurka, Ioana Ivan, Mattias Klose, Omair Majid, Xerxes Rånby, Marc
Schoenefeld, Robert Schuster, Mark Wielaard, Lillian Angel
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ hg clone http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/release/icedtea6-1.5
$ cd icedtea6-1.5
Full build requirements and instructions are in INSTALL:
$ ./configure [--enable-visualvm --with-openjdk --enable-pulse-java
The new package has been built into Fedora 10, Fedora 11 and Fedora 12
(rawhide) and should appear in the yum repositories in a couple of days.
to post comments)