|| ||"Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gnome-multimedia-AT-gnome.org,
rygel-list-AT-gnome.org, gupnp-AT-o-hand.com, dlna-dev-AT-tree.celinuxforum.org |
|| ||Rygel 0.3 |
|| ||Sat, 30 May 2009 21:48:08 +0300|
|| ||Article, Thread
Rygel 0.3 (Berlin is cool if it doesn't rain) is out
Brief summary of changes since 0.2.2:
- Transcoding from any format (that gstreamer's decodebin2 can handle) to mp3,
linear PCM and mpeg transport stream containing mpeg 2 video and mp2 audio.
- Plugin API to deal with user preferences.
- User preferences UI: rygel-preferences.
- New plugins:
* Folder: Recursively exports folders specified in the user preferences.
* ZDFMediathek: Exports online media from 2nd German TV station.
* External: Exports media hierarchies provided by external applications
through implementation of this spec:
http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/MediaServer. The first application
that utilizes this feature is PulseAudio.
- Drop xbox support. It didn't work anyway and we better concentrate on
implementing standard stuff that it at least worthy of being called "UPnP" (
at least for now).
- Tracker and DVB plugins are only loaded if their corresponding services are
- Export of duration for music and video items from Tracker.
- Use HTTP EOF encoding rather the CHUNKED for live streams.
- Ability to build rygel plugins outside it's source tree.
- HTTP proxying only if needed.
- Now that gupnp-av does DLNA profile guessing for us, no need to lie about
DLNA profile anymore.
- Add a summary after configure.
- HTTServer is now internal API.
- Use git-version-gen to generate package version.
- Differentiate between modules and plugins
- Passive, asynchronous plugin loading. A side-effect of which is that modules
can now load more than one plugin.
- Differentiate between name and title of the plugin.
- Plugins can now dynamically change their availability.
- Add API to get/list plugins.
- Re-use existing description from user's home directory. This not only speeds
the start-up but also obsoletes the necessity to keep immutable data (e.g UDN)
in user preferences.
- Provide gconf schemas.
- Lots of other improvements and bug fixes.
- Explicitly require and link to libsoup-2.4 >= 2.26.0.
- Don't require Vala (and bindings) in distribution tarball.
- Require gupnp-av >= 0.4.
- Require Vala >= 0.7.3.
- Require Gtk+ >= 2.16 if preferences UI is not disabled.
Bugs fixed in this release:
582173 - git-version-gen: generate versions with - instead of .
577000 - gupnp-av-cp does not like & in uris
576998 - Rygel wants to transcode audio files to video/mpeg
575935 - Add support for duration metadata field
574604 ? bug connecting to PS3
All contributors to this release:
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jens Georg <email@example.com>
Henrique Ferreiro <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lennart Poettering <email@example.com>
Marc-André Lureau <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rob Taylor <email@example.com>
Download source tarball at: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rygel/0.3/
What is Rygel?
Rygel is an implementation of the UPnP MediaServer V 2.0 specification
that is specifically designed for GNOME (Mobile). It is based on
GUPnP and is written (mostly) in Vala language.
More info at: http://live.gnome.org/Rygel
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)