|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM> |
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.27.1 |
|| ||Mon, 04 May 2009 14:04:46 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.27.1?
2.27.1 - 04-May-2009
* Much work to handle the transition from subversion to git.
(Willie Walker, Olav Vitters, Mesar Hameed)
* Updated script writer's guide -- the document lives in
docs/doc-set/internals.html. (Willie Walker)
* Add setting to disable the pyatspi GIL idle handler:
useGILIdleHandler. This change is made in response to
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576954 where it appears as
though the GIL idle handler in pyatspi is causing consumers of
pyatspi (e.g., Orca and accerciser) to start consuming 100% of a CPU
when the machine is idle. We're pretty sure the GIL handler is not
necessary, so this change gets rid of it for the 2.27.1 development
build of Orca. If we see that users notice strange lock ups,
however, we may need to change things back. (Willie Walker)
* Adjust debug utilities to print to console and debug log.
* Fix for bgo#570952 - Orca should be able to run with AT-SPI/D-Bus.
* Fix for bgo#573535 - Orca should use the 16x16 pixels application
icon for Main and Preferences windows. (Stephen Brandt)
* Fix for bgo#575921 - When I working with the gcalctool application,
Orca says too lot of the result of the mathematic operations.
* Fix for bug #576037 - Bind F1 key to help page. (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bug #576438 - Provide state change information for radio
buttons that require you to press space to select them.
* Fix for bgo#577239 - Cannot navigate by line through multi-line HTML
list items in Firefox/Thunderbird when arrowToLineBeginning is
False. (Joanmarie Diggs)
* Fix for bug #577330 - Detect whether speech dispatcher is installed
or not. (Tomas Cerha)
* Fix for bgo#577977 - provide speech feedback for "repeat last find"
in Gedit. (Nolan Darilek)
* Fix for bgo#577979 - Pressing Down Arrow from the middle of a
multi-line HTML list item initially moves to the beginning of the
line when arrowToLineBeginning is False. (Joanmarie Diggs)
* Fix for bgo#580423 - Remove deprecated libgnomeui dependency. Use
DBus org.gnome.SessionManager.Logout instead of
gnome.ui.master_client().request_save. (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bgo#580329 - Use show_uri() to display help window.
* Fix for bgo#577245 - Present paragraph-style information in
OpenOffice. (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bgo#578072 - Orca does not always present text attributes
in braille in OOo documents. (Joanmarie Diggs)
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
bg Bulgarian Alexander Shopov
ca Catalan Jordi Mas i Hernandez
uk Ukranian Maxim Dziumanenko
zh_CN Simplified Chinese Aron Xu
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.27.1 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)