|| ||Piotr Pokora <piotrek.pokora-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||lwn-AT-lwn.net |
|| ||[Announcement] Midgard 8.09.5 released! |
|| ||Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:21:16 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
Lodz, April 27th 2009 -- The Midgard Project has released the fifth
maintenance release of Midgard 8.09 Ragnaroek LTS.
Ragnaroek LTS is a Long Term Support version of the free software
content management framework.
The 8.09.5 "First Decade" release focuses on API and architecture cleanups
in order to ease transition from Midgard 1.x series API to Midgard 2.x APIs.
"First Decade" means Midgard CMS turns ten. Come to celebrate!
Stable 8.09.5 release is recommended for all users of Midgard.
Main changes from 8.09.4:
* Authentication routines fixes (#485, #765).
* Fixed major memory corruption in php5-midgard (#1054, #1058).
* Midgard installer improvements.
More than 70 tickets have been closed for this release. See the Midgard
issue tracker for a full list:
Planned for next maintenance release:
* More performance tuning
* Unit tests for midgard-php and MidCOM DBA layers
* New Midgard visual guidelines deployed more widely
* Filesync git integration for collaborative site development
* MidCOM packages distributed by a Midgard-powered PEAR channel
See the full list in:
Piotr Pokora, Midgard release manager
Henri Bergius, Midgard bug master
The Midgard Project
to post comments)