|| ||Marco Mania <marconelles-AT-gmx.de> |
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org> |
|| ||Audex 0.70b1 |
|| ||Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:16:15 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
Type: KDE CD/DVD Software
Depend: KDE 4.x
Due to the lack of a good cdda extraction tool
with view on archival funtions, audex is a new
audio grabber tool for CD-ROM drives based on KDE
The assistant is able to create profiles for LAME,
OGG Vorbis (oggenc), FLAC, FAAC (AAC/MP4) and RIFF
WAVE. Please install your favorite encoder.
Of course for WAVE no external encoder is needed!
Beyond the assistant you can define your own
profile, which means, that audex works together
with commmand line encoders in general.
Some features are:
* Extracting with CDDA Paranoia. So you have
quite perfect audio quality.
* Extracting and encoding run parallel.
* Filename editing with local and remote
* Metadata correction tools like capitalize etc.
* Multi-profile extraction (with one
commandline-encoder per profile).
* Fetch covers from the internet and store them in
* Create playlists, cover and template-based-info
files in target directory.
* Creates extraction and encoding protocols.
* Transfer files with KDE KIO-Slaves.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you upgrade to Version 0.70
please delete your old configuration file:
Changelog 0.70 (patchwork easter release):
* Many GUI changes
* More user-friendly common encoder quality
selection (ogg vorbis,mp3,flac,faac,wav,custom)
* KIO slave transfer
* ListView -> TreeView and checkboxes to select
which tracks to rip
* Squash "/"-or-"\""-in-filename-bug
* Merge playlist, checksum file on multi-cd
* Recognizes "(disc 1)" "(disc 2)" in cd title
* Many, many small bugfixes... (thx to all
Changelog 0.62 (cold winter release):
* Removed leaning effect of cover reflection and
added a slight blur effect to the reflection
* Profile combobox now works as expected (I
hope... :-) )
* Perform auto cddb/cover lookup
* Resized coverfetch dialog (640x480 minimum size)
* New variable $cover for sending a temporary
cover file to a command line endcoder
* Small bugfixes... (thx to all reporters!)
Changelog 0.61 (xmas release):
* Many bugfixes
* Beyond the "confusing" xml naming scheme, you
can use "normal" variables instead
Changelog 0.6 (free weekend release):
* New XML-based scheme definitions.
* Assistant will help you creating profiles.
* Cover fetching from amazon works again
* Store SFV files for the music files.
* Store text files with predefined information.
* A lot of Bugfixes...
C++ / QT Entwickler (m/w) - Linux Lancers
Deutschland - full time employee
Consultant (m/w) fÃ¼r Application Server - Keybird
IT GmbH - vollzeit
more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)