|| ||Olivier Tilloy <olivier-AT-fluendo.com>|
|| ||Elisa Media Center 0.5.33 Release|
|| ||Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:31:02 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
Dear Python users,
The Elisa team is happy to announce the release of Elisa Media Center
0.5.33, code-named "Surrounded".
Elisa is a cross-platform and open-source Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
This release is a lightweight release, meaning it is pushed through
our automatic plugin update system. Additionally a windows installer is
available for download on our website. This installer fixes various
"crash at startup" problems.
As usual, for users running a version of Elisa >= 0.5.27, the upgrade to
0.5.33 should be done automatically via the plugin repository.
As usual, tarballs are provided for distribution packagers.
A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:
This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a media-centered evening,
Olivier, for the Elisa team
Elisa 0.5.33 "Surrounded"
This is Elisa 0.5.33, thirty-third release of the 0.5 branch.
Bugs fixed since 0.5.32:
- 337788: The core depends on plugins
- 341199: [win32] Elisa crashes at startup if gstreamer is in the path
- 341686: [win32] Elisa crashes at startup if GST_PLUGIN_PATH is set
- 251606: [win32] elisa.exe should be able to open a debug console
- 263697: installing elisa breaks the unit tests of unrelated Python packages
- 304433: Black screen at startup without feedback
- 318691: Drag'n dropped pictures cannot be rotated
- 330491: [linux] Cannot play TV Shows with question marks in their filename
- 347182: Elisa 0.5.32 tarballs README shows older version of pigment
You can find source releases of Elisa on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://elisa.fluendo.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Anna Wojdel
- David McLeod
- Florian Boucault
- Guillaume Emont
- JesÃºs Corrius
- Lionel Martin
- Marc Garcia
- Maxwell Young
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)