|| ||Olivier Tilloy <olivier-AT-fluendo.com>|
|| ||Elisa Media Center 0.5.32 Release|
|| ||Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:47:49 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
Dear Python users,
The Elisa team is happy to announce the release of Elisa Media Center
0.5.32, code-named "Lambé An Dro".
Elisa is a cross-platform and open-source Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
New features include a brand new picture slideshow with cool transition
This release is a "heavy" release, meaning a windows installer is
available for download on our website. For users running a version of
Elisa >= 0.5.27, the upgrade to 0.5.32 should be done automatically via
the plugin repository.
We will also publish ubuntu packages (for hardy and intrepid) in our PPA
As usual, tarballs are provided for distribution packagers.
A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:
This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a media-centered evening,
Olivier, for the Elisa team
Elisa 0.5.32 "LambÃ© An Dro"
This is Elisa 0.5.32, thirty-second release of the 0.5 branch.
New features since 0.5.31:
- Windows media center remotes and multimedia keyboards support
- A completely reworked picture slideshow with transition effects
Bugs fixed since 0.5.31:
- 314669: [win32] Elisa only shows a blank screen if an environment variable has a special
- 324444: [linux] Video thumbnailing is not working anymore
- 330475: Wrong picture opens when clicking in flickr
- 337162: [win32] libpng crashes while loading the splash screen
- 341172: Elisa doesn't start if updated with recommended plugins disabled
- 341642: [win32] We have to update libpng to 1.2.35
- 343564: Elisa goes blank upon upgradation to Elisa 0.5.32
- 343609: Slideshow's counter widget resource not loaded: Elisa not starting
- 246695: No feedback while getting hi-res flickr image
- 257257: Wrong (low res) image displayed
- 288916: .mkv files are not listed in the interface
- 257254: avahi messages traceback
- 260089: [win32] Mediacenter remote partially works with Elisa
- 270473: CRLF confuses python's parser
- 287251: default action in slideshow is "Show Previous"
- 291305: Various EventValues are not handled in the video player
- 295226: [player] [images] OSD miniature gets white and I get a traceback
- 325655: Rotated photos angle applied on next slideshow
- 334765: On photo slideshow OSD player volume bar shown
- 339718: Broken picture player control ribbon when rotated a picture and done more..
You can find source releases of Elisa on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://elisa.fluendo.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Anna Wojdel
- David McLeod
- Florian Boucault
- Guillaume Emont
- JesÃºs Corrius
- Lionel Martin
- Marc Garcia
- Maxwell Young
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)