|| ||"Giampaolo Rodola'" <gnewsg-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||ANN: Python process utility (psutil) 0.1.1 released|
|| ||Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:27:33 -0800 (PST)|
|| ||Article, Thread
I'm pleased to announce the 0.1.1 release of psutil:
=== About ===
psutil is a module providing an interface for retrieving information
on running processes in a portable way by using Python.
It currently supports Linux, OS X, FreeBSD and Windows.
=== Enhancements ===
Aside from fixing some bugs psutil 0.1.1 includes the following major
* FreeBSD support has been added
* Support for determining process's UID and GID has been added
* Support for determining parent PID of a process
* A process_iter() function to iterate over processes as Process
objects with a generator has been added
* Process objects can now also be compared with == operator for
equality (PID, name, command line are compared).
As of now psutil is released to the general public, and should be
considered a beta release implementing basic functionality.
With this second release we'd like to receive feedback from users and
suggestions for additional functionality.
Patches and volunteers to test/develop for additional platforms
=== Links ===
* Home page: http://code.google.com/p/psutil
* Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/psutil/topics
* Source tarball: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.1.tar.gz
* OS X installer: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.1-py2.6-mac...
* Windows Installer (Python 2.6): http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.1.win32-py2...
* Api Reference: http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)