|| ||=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_K=F6hler?= <andi5.py-AT-gmx.net>|
|| ||gnucash-announce-AT-gnucash.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GnuCash 2.2.9 Released|
|| ||Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:58:29 +0100|
|| ||gnucash-devel-AT-gnucash.org, gnucash-user-AT-gnucash.org|
GnuCash 2.2.9 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.9 aka
"Mirror-like", the ninth bug fix release in a series of stable releases
of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
GnuCash 2.2.9 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net.
It is available as source code. For the Microsoft Windows operating
system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all
necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2, guile,
and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the previously used
g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling from tarball or when
installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.9?
* #339027: Reconcile window should display the date
* #435642: Crash editing results of a find
* #438132: Warning about commodity being NULL for root account on save
* #462148: Report output is vertically inverted and bottom up printed
(mirror, reverse, &c.)
* #514455: Dutch (Netherlands) translation of account templates
* #526775: Win32: Crashes when importing brokerage account data
* #542382: Assign GnuCash to file name extension .gnucash
* #564209: Improved debuggability for module loading
* #564450: HUF currency handling incorrect as 1HUF divided into
* #564928: Segfault when closing a invoice tab
* #565421: gnc-date-edit.c did not compile with Gtk < 2.10
* #565721: Multicolumn report options: Report names are not translated
* #566198: Slovakia joined the Euro
* #566352: Crash during OFX import under Win 2000 / SP4
* #566567: Scheme modifications are not built on windows
* #567174: Files with NIS stocks fail to open
* #568327: Using most "budget" reports, without a budget defined
* #568653: Add SKR49 template
* #568945: The gnc_pricedb_convert_balance_... methods should look for
the reciprocal of the exchange rate
* #569734: Give the template root account a name
* #570166: Weird text entry box when typing on Account Tree page
* #570894: Use of symbol t, which is not defined in all guile versions
* #571220: Program won't start if SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH is set
* Added German account template for a Wohnungswirtschaft business
* Fixed french business account templates
* Updated translations: Catalan, Chinese, German, Italian
Many thanks go to
Frank H. Ellenberger
G. Paul Ziemba
How can You help?
* We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can continuously polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible. Simply
post any bugs you find to bugzilla
* If you have the urge to help beyond testing please get involved in the
discussions on the GnuCash mailing lists which you will find at
http://www.gnucash.org. We especially need people to help with
updating the documentation. Please see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development on how to get involved.
* Translating: The GnuCash 2.2.0 release came with some new translation
strings. If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you
to work with the translation template in this package. Our
development is in String Freeze now, so you can safely work on our
translation. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997,
and its first stable release was in 1998.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)